27.8.08

Glaser and Curtains

I can't believe the week is not over yet. I had three back to back classes today, and a migraine!

Anyways, I'll begin with Glaser.
I really enjoyed and appreciated Milton Glaser
Here is a great video short by Hillman Curtis, that shows much of his work and ideas.
But, I was so disappointed this summer when a friend showed me this from Design Observer.
It is very hard sometimes to not have many women superstar designers to look up to, so I totally see where this question came from.

Now, onto curtains.
I was facing a dilemma when it came to my kitchen/awkward living area in my apartment. I didn't like to spend time in that room and i knew it was in need of some color. So, I had the plan to buy one of those "Bedspreads" they sell at Urban Outfitters. Well, I would call it more a 90" by 100" piece of cotton with some cool design on it. Either way, I picked up one on sale for 10 dollars. I measured my windows and was able to make 2 panels out of the one piece I bought.
A semi-descent photo:


I dont know if this gives them complete justice, but I am really enjoying them.
And they match my yellow table.
Here's a close up of the print on them


Soon this will be my workspace too, so it is nice to have it be a bit more cheerful.

The fabric can be used for many projects and I think they usually have a lot of it on sale in the store since they have so many patterns and no one in their right mind would pay the full price of 32 dollars [Such a rip off!]

No comments: